Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I have a big decision to make....

Today I was presented with an opportunity to do something that I've been longing to do for a long time now. I didn't think it would even be a possibility for at least a few years, so I honestly hadn't even considered doing it anytime soon.

This afternoon a friend was talking to me about this topic and I told her I would love to do that....someday. She asked why not now? I told her that certain things that I thought were really unlikely would have to happen first. Not five minutes later the biggest of the things I had mentioned to her happened. And all of a sudden it seems like doors that I thought would be tightly shut have swung wide open.

Ack! I have a big decision to make and a deadline to make it in. I need God's guidance in a serious way. If I do this thing, I want it to be God's will and not just mine. ('Cause mine says yes automatically.) If it's just my will, then I don't want to do it. And if it is His will, He will make a way. This I know.

So I'm going to seek Him out these next few days and listen for His voice.
I know I've been really unspecific on purpose (which for me is not normal), but if you think of me, will you pray that I would hear clearly what God is saying to me? I struggle with that sometimes. I need clarity.

2 comments:

Kim said...

totaly be praying for you and if you need someone to talk it through you know my numbers...

Ellen said...

I'm stalking you on your personal blog, hope that's ok :)

I'll definitely be thinking of you. It's so hard when you can't see what God wants. He works in mysterious ways, but *come on*... :)

I hope you've found some guidance!

Praying.